Stars of a Hollow Earth
This is a checklist for Character Creation. Use to make sure you haven’t missed anything when creating a character.
Before you start
Be familiar with the races and classes in 13th Age.
Also, Grab a character sheet
- GM Input
- Make sure that you know from your Game Master what specifics to keep in mind for the story ahead. Any modifications you make need to make.
- Pick a Race
- Pick a class
- Generate Abilities
- Use the Point-Buy System to figure out your character’s abilities.
- Combat Stats
- Use powers, abailities, and base stats to calculate power/spell attack bonus and damage, Armor class, Physical Defense, Mental Defense, hit points, and Initiative.
- One unique thing
- Invent some non-mechanical trait that makes your character unique in the world. If you want mechanics from your OUT, then talk to the GM and find an acceptable trade-in from your standard abilities. Also, the GM will interpret this OUT at-will. You may be surprised with the results!
- Icon Relationships
- Spend points building relationships with the Icons of the world. See: Icon Relationships
- Use your eight background points to define your character further. See: Backgrounds and Skill Checks
- 1st Level Feat
- You get a feat every level. Choose your first one wisely. See: Feats (Warning – a lot of info in there)
- Spec out your character.